WARNING : APPLE iWATCH ECG not working in South America and in many countries.
That's my story: thank you for judging for yourself.
1. I have been working with Apple computers since 1989. I am very satisfied with their products, so I buy with confidence.
2. I am 81 years old.
3. My cardiologist advises me to buy an iWatch to record my electrocardiograms and send them to him when I am abroad.
it is therefore vital health info.
4. I go to Apple Brussels (mid 2019) and buy an Apple iWatch. I am not warned of any "default", "limitations".
5. in Brussels the iWatch ECG works well.
6. But I am often abroad.
7. Surprisingly, in South America, the ECG function (for which I bought the watch at the recommendation of my cardiologist) does not work!
8. I contact Apple, who tells me that the list of countries where this function exists is on the Apple website
As if the customer buying a watch had to look at the producer's website to find out where the watch shows the time on this planet.
9. When I ask Apple why nothing is written on the box and why the seller did not report this defect to me, Apple says:
ECP app availability, while I know this information is needed
Apple Retail Stores may not proactively discuss this with the Customer, as there will be some employees
customers will be traveling to different regions. However, our full list of app availability is listed in our website:
Judge by yourselves.
Take care and good day to you all,