Most Recent Messages in Interferences
Can I get breast implants with a pacemaker ?
I was looking online See if there’s any type of protection I could wear when working around electromagnetic fields does anybody know anything this is all very new to me
Does a Fibit monitor interfere with the pacemaker?
We bought a SleepNumber Flexfit 360 bed & the mattress is attached to the base with magnets.
I'm now being told that I'm going to need a pacemaker...does anyone know if those magnets will interfere? If so, is there any trick to block the magnetic field?
I don't want to get rid of my bed, it was extremely expensive & it's the first bed that's allowed me to rest because of my back issues.
Is it possible/desirable to use an electric overblanket with a duvet with a pacemaker fitted
Hello, New Member Here...
Just wondering if there are any members that were or are still welding.
As in Mig, Tig, Stick, or using a Plasma Torch.
I know the CYA answer is Noo.
But I'm just wondering if anyone has worked it out?
PS, Does anyone else get a strong desire to sit or stand when using the
remote garage door opener?
I bumped my pacemaker yesterday while hugging a friend and it hurt. Now the site and everything around it hurts. If I damaged the leads or anything how would I know? And how much tylenol can I take for the pain? I just received this 6 weeks ago so I'm totally new at this. My arm pit hurts in the crease by my shoulder. Is that normal too? This is all new to me and pain is bad. Will it get better or should i go to the urgent care? I'...
At about the time my pacemaker was implanted, I developed a bad flare of psoriasis on my legs and arms. The dermatologist has prescribed UVB Light Therapy 3 times a week - approximately 10 seconds of light per treatment. I know this light is far more intense than a standard tanning bed. Has anyone had experience with this? The dermatologist says that there is no interference between the pacemaker and the therapy, but I'm always a bit skeptical when one specialist talks about how her/...
I have for many years wanted to be able to weld again, well i am now 63 and have had a Medtronic pacemaker for 10 years and about ready for a replacement, 3 days prior to my last check i decided to make a sheild out of 7lb lead sheet and strapped this in place over my pacer with elasticated strapping, although i was only welding aroung 90 amps i felt no issues at all and was even more pleased to find a few days later whilst having my pacing check that there were no deviations or interuptions...
Does anyone use a metal detector with their pacemaker? If so what cautions and types and if doctors approve these days.
I’m.a golfer so I purchased a launch monitor. It is equipped with a radar gun to provide golf club and ball speeds.
The exact warning on the instructions is ...consult with device manufacturer or physician regarding the possibility of the PM being affected by radio waves (electromagnetic interference).
In previous posts, I read where radar guns are safe around PM if over 5 feet away. The device is to be placed 5’ in back of the golf ball. So I should be a l...
I had a AV node ablation after having a clot in my heart back in 2016 which didnot resolve at that time. and progress could not be made. This procedure has an 80% chance of sucess but I was in the 20% that didn`t. As the breathlessness was still a large problem my EP sugested a PVI after a check to see if the clot had resolved. This was in an effort to resolve my breathlessness. He gave it a 50% chance of success due to my age(75) and the length of time I had been in persistant AF...
Does anyone use a mobile medical lifeline system with their pacemaker? That is, a system that can be used when away from home. One company I consulted said theirs (the gps) would interfere with the pacemaker, so they cannot recommend it.
I have to see a dermatoligist soon to remove a basal cell issue. They wil be doing a ED&C procedure, which involves cauterizing the area with an electric probe.
Has anyone with a pacemaker had this done? Any issues?
Accidently crossed and hit an electric fence and jolted me pretty good. I felt it shock inside of me where the pacer and wires are. My Bosten scientific pacer is in my abdomen and has epicardial leads. Im dependent but seem to be ok. Could this have harmed my pacemaker.?
Anyone feeling interference/disturbance when running a treadmill?
Have felt this when I been running during the last 7 years or more. But never expect it was the treadmill, interference with the PM, that causing it. Always believed it was my own fitness level.
But was running in 12 km/h. Pulse was about 170 bpm and passed about 2.3 km. During the run it was like a block or cramp slowely bulding up in the chest, the area near the heart/electrode. And also in the nerve up...
I was surprised that I had a strong reaction to the resturant pager that alerts you when your meal is ready for collection at a resturant. It was near my chest when it went off and I had instant symptoms. I wonder if anyone has had strong reactions to anything unexpected like this?
my bivent is on the right hand side ive had an icd for over 10 years but latly i can feel a pulse around my icd it looks and feels like my heart is beating on my right side
My husband has a collection of decorative lamps which includes plasma globes and discs. Last night, the first time we've entertained friends since my pacemaker was implanted, he had all the lights turned on. At the end of the evening I was helping him turn them all off and noticed my pacemaker feeling quite warm. Fortunately I made the mental connection associating this with the plasma lights before I touched one of them. I did some searching and found information to support my...
I know there are many posts on this subject, but while doing a web search I came across this one pager from St. Judes dated April 2012. Here's the link to a pdf that will download:
Here's the text from the pdf:
Effects of Induction Ovens on St. Jude Medical Implantable Cardiac Rhythm Devices
Background Induction ovens use i...