Medication

Hi Iv had the pacemaker 10 years and coming near to a change of battery just wanted to ask my cardiologist has started me on bisiporolol and ramipril few weeks now what are the long term effects as it will be my first time taking meds and do I need them for my hearts block bradycardia as my blood test came back clear 


2 Comments

two meds

by AgentX86 - 2021-12-22 17:28:30

Consider yourself lucky. I take seven drugs, three are quite expensive. These two are almost as cheap as aspirin.

Bisoprolol is a beta blocker, used to quiet the heart. It slows the nervous system, relaxing arteries and dropping blood pressure. Since it slows electrical impulses, it can help with some arrhythmias, as well.

Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor also used to lower blood pressure  by dilating blood vessels. It also helps with a number of related health issues.

These are quite safe drugs for most of us with no long-term effects. Always look at the sheet that comes with any drug that explains how it's used and severe side-efffects to look for. While they're safe for maybe 99% of us, the other 1% may have serious side-efffects.

Yes, if your doctor prescribed these medications, you need them. I doubt that there are many of us here who aren't on a beta blocker and an ACE inhibitor or calcium channel blocker.

Meds

by Maryiam - 2021-12-22 18:50:23

Thank you 

You know you're wired when...

You can finally prove that you have a heart.

Member Quotes

I'm 43 and have had my pacemaker four weeks today. I'm looking forward to living another 50 years and this marvelous device inside me will help me do that.