reply to comments

Thanks to all for your comments Re: 10th Sept. 2019 Post. I should make it clear I was a manual worker and have no medical knowledge.


ROBO Pop.  You have Guessed it with one exception.  I do now have a replacement pacemaker plus extra lead produced by Boston Scientific, the two original leads were left in during the four- and half-hour operation change.  I have to make it very clear that at no time has a pacemaker made by Boston Scientific ever electrocuted me. Two of your points do have interest.  Firstly, that my pacemaker is under recall for battery failures, mine was fitted plus an extra lead near the end of 2016, so is mine in this recall?


Secondly you say any electrical issues would show during a PM reading appointment.  The many times I asked in desperation if the electrocutions and symptoms could be seen, I was told the PM had run out of recording time and reset itself, wiping clean the previous memory, which I had no reason to disbelieve.  My response at the time was to ask the pacemaker technician to shorten the appointments time so that it did not run out. I did write to the USA company that made the first PM with a list of questions but of course they refused to answer.   Can anyone with qualified knowledge therefore please make it clear

how long is the recording time before it wipes off the memory? Does it store any memory, or give the technicians any emergency malfunction message? I did not ever have a monitor.


Each terrifying event, always at night awakened from sleep on my side consisted of 4 to 7 individual electrocutions.  Each electrocution lasting 3 to five or so seconds, I cannot be precise. Each electrocution was so violent and painful, as I became weaker, I feared the next one would kill. Yes, that bad.  I do not have any definite memory of how each event ended. Most likely is loss of consciousness.


Again, I ask the serious question, what set of circumstances would need to occur to a pacemaker with two leads, which moved freely back and forth inside a long pocket to cause these very powerful and violent electrocutions direct to the heart?  Is it possible the PM internal parts became loose?  Or the leads tangled?  This really did happen so there absolutely does have to be an answer.  Crustyg, yes, I have since changed Hospitals and have had quite some time given to my PM.  The trigger has now been switched off which is not so good but I am told, is safer.  The one purpose of my posts is to get the facts from those with personnel experience or those qualified to contribute. Thanks, Wolfy



Just to clarify

by Gotrhythm - 2019-10-11 15:55:38

So, just to make sure, you are saying the problem occurred with the old pacemaker and has not happened again since you got the new pacemaker, the Boston Scientific. Is that right?

I believe you are saying everything appears to be okay now. The reason you are posting is that you wish to understand what went wrong, and what might have been done to make the old pacemaker record the events that felt like electrocution and resulted in unconsiousness.

The experience sounds beyond terrifying. It sounds like something that would happen in a horror movie! If it had happened to me, I would certainly want to know what caused it, so that I could make sure it never happened again.

I don't know enough to even guess at the cause, but it wasn't right. I know the frustration of being told the pacemaker didn't/couldn't record an event so severe that it brought me to my knees. I wonder if it didn't record that, what does it record? I can certainly understand the need to question why and how it happened.

I hope you can get the answers you need.


by Wolfy - 2019-10-16 16:25:30

Hi Gotrhythm

The reason for my posts is to gain knowledge from those with personnel experiences and those with expert knowledge.

I have asked if the pacemakers do record all information, but more importantly, do they store it?

I am stating what a pacemaker did to me. I can be very clear, these were real violent electrocutions and real trauma. Not something weak like a 12volt battery shock. If you get a shock from 240 v domestic UK power, it lets you go because it is designed to do so. These electrocutions were continuous power, they did not let go during the 3 to 5 seconds each one lasted, extremly painful. The electrocutions definatley were real and not imagined.  I am afraid this is not a story but actual fact.

Regards Wolfy.

Do My Essay

by ThomasMore - 2020-04-24 09:54:03

You will print as you have never printed. In case you're utilizing a college or library printer, it will begin to influence your week after week spending plan in a major manner. In case you're printing from your room, "paper jam" will come to be the most feared two words in the English language. 

You know you're wired when...

You play MP3 files on your pacer.

Member Quotes

I feel so incredibly thankful that I can continue to live my life.