I had my first icd implanted in 2001...no problems, then the battery went dead, had a new one implanted in Aug 2005. I have cardiomyophy, enlarged heart, very enlarged, I'm told, was dignosed in 1992, told I had about 1 year to live...well, here it is almost 15 yrs later, still here. I was cutting the grass yesterday and knew I was overdoing it, but just had one more cut to make...well, I made it and was shocked the first time, I headed for the front door, and was shocked again before I reached it, I sat on the couch and was shocked again...and again, and again..not sure how many times I'm guessing 6. I just sat there, hands clenched, waiting for the next one, and started praying...finally my heart rate went down a little and I wasn't shocked again..thank God. It was horrible. I sincerely thought I was going to die. If any of you have been shocked, you know what it's like.I thank God I had it, otherwise, I may be in a casket right now.