Possibility of change from pacemaker to icd
On October 19th of this year i had a Medtronic azure pacemaker implanted. This past Friday after i woke up I had a v tach episode. My pacemaker captured it at 205 for 15 minutes. I am not at the hospital waiting. Echocardiogram tomorrow and not sure what other tests. My EP Dr is talking of replacing my current pacemaker with an icd. If surgery can not be done soon He is also saying i will be given a Lifevest until surgery. They have given me amiodorone and Metoprolol.. which has kept my heart rate down.
I feel so scared and unsure about everything. Can anyone give me some information on what i need to expect. I read about the shocks... and frankly it scares me.
Thank you in advance