Second opinion on pacemaker decision
It's been a week since my pacemaker was fitted and honestly (excluding the pain of the surgery) I feel much worse than before I went in.
I know my thoughts are not grounded in full logic at this stage of my recovery but I still can't help thinking that a monitor would have been more appropriate than a jump to a pacemaker.
I've been reading more about blocks ( I still clearly don't understand it fully) and it can be a very difficult decision to decide what type of second degree block someone has and hence the decision to pace.
How can I go about finding out whether it was the right decision without ruining my relationship with my cardiologist?
I was told that due to a slow ( sometimes 400ms) conduction time my pacemaker may end up assuming it has not sensed a signal and pace the ventricles even though they would have eventually received one. If this is the case won't my pacemaker show heavy ventricular pacing and confirm to the cardiologist that I needed one all along even if the block has disappeared?
Sorry if I'm talking nonsense but I would not be as concerned if I felt much better than I went in but I simply do not.