I believe that the more I learn, the less anxiety I have. I am now trying to learn from experiences. Facts and experiences work best for me , which is why I feel that this forum is "quality of life saving".
I have read that most ICD shocks feel like a kick in the chest. I had several shocks over a six hour time span. They were diagnosed as "inappropriate" shocks. However, they did not feel like thuds nor kicks in the chest . That is the information that I get from the Internet on how an inappropriate shock should feel. They felt more like execution. I actually thought that I had touched a hot wire somewhere or an appliance had fallen into the water that I was washing my hands in. However, the pain stopped immediately after it began. Then it would start up again. After "recalibrating" or "reprogramming" the leads, and changing my meds, I hope to have this under control.
My question, has anyone been diagnosed with an inappropriate shock and if so, is it possible to describe? My appreciation to all on this forum.