Anaphylactic shock and pacemakers
Hi all I suffer from a severe food allergy to pineapple I am a very new recipient of my pace maker ( I'm 11days in ). I am very curious to see if anyone has experience with this as the 1st treatment for anaphylaxis is huge doses of epienefrin which raises your bpm dramatically ( I have seen mine go north of 200 before being intubated ) the upper level set on my dual chamber device is 140. Not sure I want to have my pacemaker working that hard to keep my heart inline just curious if anyone else has had to deal with this ??