PM scheduled for 27/11/19
Follow up to my first post titled "CONGENITAL COMPLETE HEART BLOCK FOUND AT 23".
Hi all so if you read my first post you'll know I was recently diagnosed with Congenital Complete Heart Block which was a random finding on an ECG! The initial plan was to go through the wait and watch approach and wait for my symptoms to worsen before getting the PM which i was not a fan of! However last night i felt extremely dizzy and decided to check my heart rate and it was sitting at a cool 35bpm which led to a trip to A and E. I went to a different hospital with a fantastic cardiology ward and they got me in for testing and subsequently an immediate pacemaker treatment for today! I was elated to find this out and went through the entire process of concent forms, pre op... And they decided to cancel the procedure at the last second as they are waiting for a brand new 2019 pacemaker where the leads dont go into the generic place to avoid further heart damage in the future as I will have this all my life! So the procedure has been rescheduled for Wednesday the 27th of this month and I'm so excited and nervous! Im glad they finally listened considering my heart rate was getting into the low 30s and was accompanied by some serious dizzy spells! Has anyone else got their leads in the "non generic" location? Any advice for the procedure? All reassurances welcome, will soon be a member of the club.