Informing DVLA of ICD shock

How do you go about this? I can't find the relevant link on the website - do you have to surrender your license?

I was shocked yesterday, the first time I have received one since implantation 11 months ago. 


DVLA ........ Shocking !

by IAN MC - 2019-10-22 13:13:31

Stan    You are right , you do need to notify the DVLA  of  your ICD shock.

The form which you can obtain and send online is  " DEFIB1 "   No doubt you will be prohibited from driving for a time.

Best of luck




Thanks Ian

by Stan Da Man - 2019-10-23 05:06:25

Would I have to send my driving license to DVLA as well as this form? 


by IAN MC - 2019-10-23 05:59:42

Hi Stan     I have never had to do it myself so I don't know. But I see that the form asks you just to supply your driving license number.

I'm sure that, on receipt of the form, they will ask for your license if they need it.



License Return?

by Stan Da Man - 2019-11-06 13:57:35

I have been asked to send my license back by the DVLA and then reapply after 6 months - is this normal? I'm a little worried I'm not going to be able to drive for a very long time, especially if my license is took off me. 

You know you're wired when...

You have a little piece of high-tech in your chest.

Member Quotes

I can bike a 40-50 tour with no trouble.