Wall outlet

I was switching a wall electric outlet and got shocked . Apparently I did not turn off the proper circuit breaker. Should I be concerned?

 


1 Comments

concerned about ...

by dwelch - 2019-08-06 03:36:32

concerned about the pacemaker?  no?  about getting electrocuted...yes

I recommend something that I heard hearsay, a kind of lineman/persons rule.  keep one hand in your pocket, the biggest danger is the current crossing the heart (from hand to hand across the chest) so hand in pocket at best its hand to foot.  I prefer to touch with the back of my hand or finger first dont want to have your hand muscles contract and close and hold the exposed wire/cable.  or even better, just use a meter/tester before handling and you wont get shocked.

 

 

 

You know you're wired when...

You have an excuse for being a couch potato.

Member Quotes

Your heart’s electrical system has a manmade helper. A helper that only knows to do what it is programmed to do and will perform that function day in and day out, without fail. Now, go enjoy your new grip on life.